Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bahai for 13 years says there is no Freedom of Speech

George Fleming, a Bahai for 13 years testifies that there is "no freedom of speech" in Baha'i institutions

George Fleming, who was a Baha'i for 13 years, posted the following message on the talk.religion.bahai discussion group, showing how Baha'i religious institutions attempted to take away his right to free speech and his subsequent decision to resign his membership in the Baha'i Faith organization:

Subject: UK NSA letter and resignation letter from George Fleming
From: George Fleming
Date: Nov 5 2002, 3:29 a.m.

Now that I am not a member of the Baha'i Faith I promised I would forward the UK NSA letter I received and my resignation reply letter. Please find enclosed both letters for TRB readers perusal.

Please note that by rejecting the authority of the UK NSA I have therefore rejected the overall authority of the Baha'i Administrative Order headed by the Universal House of Justice Haifa Israel.

By my actions the Baha'i institutions believe I have refused to obey the Word of God, and in turn reject obediance to the Covenant, the Will and testament of Abdu'l Baha and all five stations (The Bab, Baha'u'llah, Abdu'l Baha, the Guardian and finally the Universal House of Justice).

I therefore can no longer call myself a Baha'i. However I do not think my own personal religious feelings can switch from belief in Baha'u'llah to disbelief because I have sent in a resignation letter. I think such concepts are more complicated than just turning on and off a water tap. I also never sent my resignation letter to avoid sanctions or because I was drunk, mad or whacko which is the belief of Professor Susan Maneck.

I believe the letter sent to me by Dr Kishan Manocha (a lawyer himself and Assistant Secretary of the UK NSA) is crossing European human rights laws introduced to Northern Ireland in 1998 with spirtual laws of the Baha'i Faith. This is not the first time I have come across crossed boundaries of Baha'i jurisprudence with civil law, common law and now European human rights law, in my 13 years as a Baha'i.

George Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment